Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Book Update  

I hope you all have been enjoying the summer! 

Our family took an adventurous trip to Canada in July (that deserves a post all its own!) and I've been enjoying bike rides and backyard reading in the shade. Oh...and writing!

As far as my first book goes, I've been in a waiting period as I'll explain in just a minute. Because of the waiting, these past couple weeks I've been looking at book cover ideas and think I may have finally hit on the right idea. I'm enlisting my husband (who years ago majored in graphic design) to help me ready it for publication. We're really excited!

Meanwhile, I have beta readers diligently reading my draft. These are wonderful volunteers who take time to read the entire story for me from start to finish. 
For anyone who is curious, this time when the book is in their hands is kind of a strange waiting period for the writer. They have several weeks to finish reading and then answer feedback questions. 
Ideally, they will catch possible inconsistencies and perhaps point out weak spots. This is supposedly a good thing...;) but it can be a little nerve-wracking and a very vulnerable process! 
While I've been waiting, I wrote a dedication of sorts, along with a page of author's final thoughts to be read after the story and epilogue. It's all beginning to seem a little more real!
But then... there's still the waiting...
So... after a while...I started a new story! 
(Hint: The main character is a featured character in my first book.)
If you write also, tell me in the comments what you've been working on!


Next post: 

I'll be sharing a small portion from The Sentimental Journey
I hope you'll join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The NEW RELEASE!!

 For All We Know , Novella #2 of the Landers Town series is here! You can grab it for just .99 CENTS for a limited time!    Sometimes the ...